My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Lazy Day
Sunday, May 6, 2007
I love Sundays. Something about lounging around in your pajama's is heavenly. I also enjoy being the only one up in the morning and doing a hostile take over of the computer. -=giggle=- Today I think I am going to do little things around the house, knit and relax. I might run out to Michaels to get some more yarn. I am knitting up some washclothes and handtowels for the mother's in my life. I figure that, and a nice little bag of different smell good things should be fine. In other knitting news, I have swatched for that stupid nightgown twice now. I am all the way down to 3" when the pattern calls for 5" needles. If the 3" inch doesn't gauge up right, I am thinking I might need to buy some different yarn or something. We'll see, and I am sure I will post about it. -=giggle=-

In other news, my last day of class was Thursday. Final Assignment: Create a Utopia (Group Project). First off, I hate group projects with all of me. I am always the one getting shafted with the majority of the work. So I wasn't incredibly enthused when I heard this assignment. It was a little difficult. The day I went to class to get assigned my group was the day of the terrible tooth pain. So I stayed, threw some ideas around at them and then left. It took me until Wed to get their reports for the powerpoint. When was it due you ask ? Thursday. So I end up pulling the entire powerpoint presentation out of my ass and waiting to see what happened. 2 of the 4 of us dressed up professional, which is my fault, the idea was last minute. We were 2nd to last to present. The other ones were decent, but not professional and not serious. Ours, I was proud of ours. I was the introduction, and I set the tone for the rest of the presentation. The others followed suit and they spoke loudly, did not stammer and were well together with what they were supposed to do.

I was proud. The audience wasn't sure about our Utopia though. -=giggle=- Here's a sample: Pregnancy License, Mandatory Birthcontrol shots if you do not have one, Thermo-Mentality Scanning (fiction) that will tell us if you are likely to rebel so we can give you the appropriate medications, Conditioning for Criminals. We're talking Demolition Man meets Clockwork Orange. -=giggle=- I don't think my group realized how many movies I have seen on the subject. So I was talking to my teacher after class and she started going on and on about how great the group was. It turns out, my group and one other group were her experiment groups. She wanted to see, if with a strong leader some of these people could come out of their shell. My group was one of those experiments and I was nominated strong leader. Heh. Go figure! -=giggle=- I was pleased with myself but I told her that essentially all I did was give them a guideline they had to follow. The powerpoint. I told them this is how it's got to be done, this is your part, etc. and they did it. She was still impressed and praising me all the way to the parking lot.

Friday night was game night and we went back to the Warhammer system. -=does a dance=- I love that system and I love the characters. Although I was definately way to tired to RPG accurately. It was still alot of fun though. Saturday we went over to our friend Paul's house for Grindhouse movie night. Basically the worst B horror movies created. -=giggle=- We watched The Toxic Avenger, awesome for what it was. I had never seen it before. Nightmare City, I didn't like so much. I wanted to go to sleep. Ilsa Queen of the SS or something like that.. I didn't like at all. Will and I sparred in the kitchen. He got a really good hit against my stomach and a couple of good face shots but I returned them. Considering I haven't sparred with anyone in years, I don't think I did to bad. Although I have no doubt in my mind that if I should continue to spar with him, he'd beat me up pretty easily. Oh well, all's fun until someone loses and eye. Lastnight, I did not lose an eye so all was fun. Cloves, Alcohol, Friends and Movies.. Fun times were had by many.

That's about it, although I want to tell you about my Goodwill find. I walked in looking for a library book that I think I gave away to Goodwill (oops) and ended up coming out with 7 other books. I hit the jackpot. Poppy Z Brite's Exquisite Corpse, 4 Dark Erotica Books, The Awakening by Kate Chopin, and A Wraith anathology. Grim grabbed a book called Dantes that has to do with creatures trying to escape hell. Despite this pay dirt of books, I did not find the library one, so the search continues.

I think that's about it, I am probably missing something.. Oh, the book review. I'll do that later.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 12:38 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 6, 2007 at 4:40 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I really don't like working in a group on a project either, I want to do everything by myself.

    Enjoy your Sunday. :)

     
  • At May 6, 2007 at 9:49 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Wow I envy you. I got woken up at 6:00 this morning and then again at 8:00. I don't work well in group either. I tend to bullshit the whole time so my group never got anything done in school. Hey, I like your new picture for your profile. That's awesome:).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures