My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Friday & Saturday
Saturday, May 12, 2007
So I was kind of in a bad mood on Friday. I didn't feel like being at work, didn't want people asking me to do things. You know the usual mentality of the working class. I ended up going to the cig store and forgetting my wallet so I had to drive the 15 minutes back to work, then go back up there. Essentially my entire lunch to get a pack of cloves because I don't smoke regular cigs.

I get back to work and I get a call from Grim. Sigh's face is bleeding. You see, the last time we went to the vet for the urinary issue the vet went ahead and removed a skin tag on his face. Well last week we noticed there was a huge spot where that used to be that was scabbed over. We didn't think much of it, we just tried to keep him from scratching it. Then yesterday, I guess Grim was petting him and when he brought his hand up it was bloody. So I call my boss, who is wonderful by the way, and tell her my situation and I go home. We take Sigh to the vet and discover it's a growth. They won't know what exactly it is (translation: if it's cancer or not) until they remove it and run tests. So we get some antibiotics/steroids so that we can reduce the irritation and inflammation and 81 dollars later we're on our way. I spoke with the clerk and apparently this operation to
remove it could easily run around 300$... Yikes eh?

We're going to do it, because it's a gross and terrible growth. What else can we do ? We want our little boy to be healthy. He does weigh 18 lbs, so the vet mentioned he is a little overweight. What can we do ? He's actually on a diet. -=giggle=- So I came home and took a nap. The rest of the night we hung out with Mistress Pounce and played games. Dinner gave me an upset stomach so I called the night a little early.


Saturday - Eterlac Knitting Class! I get up and get ready. I don't get lost this time and I am the first one through the door. The lady asks me if I am into crocheting and I tell her, no I have no idea how to do it. She brings over a box and tells me to look through it and take what I like. Apperantly a lady had just passed away and she used to crochet, so her family brought her stuff to the knitting store. I picked up 4 really cute doileys (sp?). Then I wandered over to this basket that said old patterns. I hit pay dirt and I only had to make a donation. I put a couple of bucks in there and bought my yarn. Enterlac is a little more difficult than I thought. I still don't think that I am doing the pattern right so I think I am going to frog and go through it again.

The only bad part about the day so far is the stupid festival in the park acrossed the street. I love fairs and gatherings, I hate living acrossed the street from one when you have NO lot parking. So I h ad to go around the block three or four times until I saw a spot open up and I nabbed it. THANK GOD! What should have taken 2 minutes took nearly 15 to 20 minutes. Sometimes, I just can't wait to move in the summer.

That's about it really. We're going to Grim's mom's house for his sister and mother's birthday. Probably eating dinner and hanging out for a while. Then home again. Tomorrow I am planning on getting some major cleaning done. Time to throw out the old stuff in the closet.

Anyways, here are some pictures!






posted by Valerie @ 1:48 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures