My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Hello Again
Saturday, April 28, 2007
So all of you will be happy to know that I feel a lot better. I have been popping pain killers like tic tacs but that along with the penicillin for the absess has seemed to work. My bottom lip and my gums are really tender and the tooth still hurts but at least it's not that radiating pain anymore. Which means I can function as a human being should be able to function. I also only feel mildly ill, which I think is my side effect of the pain meds. Grim has been a trooper through all this. Hugs and kisses on command and help when I need it. He really is a sweetheart. Anyhow, Thursday night I casted on again for the Calorimetry. By lastnight I was finished. Dun dun dun.




I believe it is going to be a birthday present. We'll see, I didn't necessarily make this for myself. I just wanted to make sure I could in fact, make it. What do you guys think ? I still have to sew on the button and everything. I can't believe how huge it knitted up to be. I even decreased the CO stitches from 120 to 100. I can't imagine what it would look like if it was cast on according to pattern.

Nothing else really to report. I have been lounging on the couch watching movies. Lastnight's Ghostwhisperer was reeeally creepy. I hope we get to see next weekends. Speaking of Creepy, I LOVE SUPERNATURAL. It is my latest obsession along with Charmed obviously. It is such an awesome show. We have two more discs then we have to wait for the second season to come out on Netflix. I don't know how we're going to be able to wait but alas all this come to those who wait (so they say).

I am reading one of the books on my to read list. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.. oh shoosh. I know it's a kid's book but I happen to like Children's books and Young Adult. It's nice to read about something other than mass murderers and vampires. Also, it's a break from the sex crazed Anita Blake novels, which are also an obsession of mine. It's a really good book all in all. I keep making my comparisions between the movies and the book. Mistress Pounce was right, the second movie is actually closer to the book. The songs are even pulled straight from it. I still like the first one better, I think. Anyways, I am to the part where they are in the inventing room and coming up to the gum machine. It's my favorite part of the movies. -=giggle=- That and of course when Veruca Salt gets thrown in the garbage.

I am also reading another book not mentioned on my list. Death's City by Sandy Mitchell (I think), good book, it's the last in a Warhammer trilogy. I can't explain Warhammer so you'll have to do a check on it if you're interested. It's a roleplaying setting and it gets a little complicated.

Alrighty loves, hope all is well and you're all enjoying a wonderful weekend.
posted by Valerie @ 10:01 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At April 28, 2007 at 10:33 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    Glad you are feeling better, Val!!! The Calorimetry looks awesome! Surprised that you didn't have Grim model it for you!! lol

     
  • At April 28, 2007 at 11:19 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Glad to hear your feeling better. The head band & color is really nice... I learn something everyday... I didn't know that Calorimetry is a scientific word for measuring heat lost... go figure... and Thanks for posting on Flair.

     
  • At April 28, 2007 at 5:47 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    The Calorimetry is perfect and a very pretty color! Great job on it. I knew you could do it. :)

     
  • At April 29, 2007 at 9:10 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Love the Calorimetry! :) Thanks for the encouragment! ;)

     
  • At April 30, 2007 at 9:55 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Awesome Calorimetry! I love the color. I tried making one, but like everything else I only get so far and then somebody needs me. By the time I get back I completely forget what I was doing or where I was. Instead of spending an hour trying to figure it out, I just start over. LOL.

    Can you believe it, I've never read any Anita Blake! I've read Laurel K. Hamilton though, and I've liked her stuff. Lately it's gotten REALLY sex crazed though.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures