My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Calorimetry Concerns
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
So I got pretty far on it and had to frog it. The first reason being that I didn't have an even amount of stitches on both sides. The second being there were holes developing. Check out the pattern, linked to the left. My problem seemed to occur when I started Row 7. I started getting holes every time I would move the stitch marker back. Now, this is what I was using. Malabrigo yarn and Size 7 needles. I did a swatch and it knitted up perfectly with the specifications. What do you guys think ? Was I getting holes because the stitches on either side were uneven. Would the Malabrigo be a bad yarn to use and that's the reason why I have holes ? I just don't want to start it with that yarn again until I know for sure that it's not the yarn or the needles it was my error.

Oh.. also, I want to know. Does anyone know of any good forums/clubs/blogs ? I really like the Classic Books KAL but I don't think I understand it fully or would be able to read as often as they do. The Sexy Kntters Group is being rebuilt. I just want something new to be apart of.

Anyways, I should be working.. So I am going to get back to that. Any help is appreciated!!

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 10:01 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At April 25, 2007 at 10:59 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Oh man, I'm sorry you had to frog your work. Are you planning on reknitting it or are you going to do something different with the yarn? Classic books..like the Rowan classic? I love those too. I love Classic Winter and Classic Coast.

    If you can't find a KAL, maybe you could start one?

     
  • At April 25, 2007 at 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "No buttonhole is necessary; one of the holes which formed at a short-row turning point can serve as a buttonhole."
    That right there is the only clue the pattern gives people unfamiliar with short rows that there will be holes so don't feel bad. The holes are supposed to be forming there. They don't show very much in the finished product.
    Another thing you should know about this pattern is that many people who have made it have noticed it turns out MUCH wider than the one pictured on the model. The only way I can figure this is that the designer is a crazy tight knitter. The fix for this is to either go down to smaller yarn and/or smaller needles or just start with the longer rows once your cal. gets about half the width you want the finished piece to be. Then if it ends up too long you can just button the button into the next hole over and tuck in the ends.
    I made one out of Malabrigo and it turned out fine. :)

     
  • At April 25, 2007 at 8:01 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Heya missy, Thanks for commenting on my blizzog. I appreciate it. Sorry to read about your calorimetry troubles but I know you'll get it all worked out proper and show us all a kick-ass finished product, as usual. I hope you are having a super fine day, chica. :)

     
  • At April 26, 2007 at 2:52 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Yeah, those holes are supposed to be there! There's nothing wrong with what you are doing. Just keep at it and you'll be fine. I agree with the above as well about it being much too wide when you follow the pattern. Try casting on less stitches, I think I did like 80 or something. Can't wait to see it done!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures