My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

It's been a while
Saturday, April 14, 2007
It's been a little longer than I intended but oh well. Things have been a little busy around here. Despite being busy though, there is very little that is new. In my new pictures you will see some of the clothes I got in NYC. Here are closer shots though.


You gotta love half off sales. I also got a pair of jeans and a long viynl skirt. Viynl doesn't like to be in pictures so one of these days I'll wear it and snap a picture. Then the bestest birthday present. First the story.
I knew I was going to be getting a corset. I didn't know when it was going to show up though. So I would come home and look for it and nothing would be there. Le Sigh. So I come home and I see a note on my mailbox, you know the "sorry we missed you" notes. So I ran upstairs praying that they were still open so that I could go get it. I drop my bags and tell Grim that he must have missed them. I go to call them and he's like "wait give me a hug, you just got home." So I put the phone down and give him a hug and kiss hello. This is what happened.
Grim: Honey, I don't want to get you upset but you need to go smell those blankets over there. I think Sigh (my cat) had an accident.

Me: Are you serious ?!?
Grim: Just go look, I am not sure if I am right or not.

So my heart is going to break. If this is true then Sigh is probably going to have to leave our house. So I go over and frantically start smelling. Then... the corset falls out. I could have KILLED him, but I was so happy that A. my cat didn't pee on our stuff and B. I finally got my corset! Here's the beauty.


Beautiful Right ?!?

I am in love with this thing. I have to learn how to properly wear it but it is seriously gorgeous!

In Life: I have been frantic about this silly speech we have to do for speech class. I decided to do a presentation on volunteers going to Saudi Arabia. Well I have to have some sort of visual. I openly admit I half-assed this project and I was really upset with it and myself for doing it. So Thurday rolls around and I am actually getting more upset about it. My wonderful teacher didn't make me do the presentation until next week! -=does a dance=- I am putting all my effort into making it beautiful tomorrow. I also have a test to study for. In other news, Grim, Amy and myself are going to Origins this year. I bought the badges yesterday. I am going to have to work on Memorial day to get the time off but it will be worth it. I can't wait to be honest with you. Gaming is going really well. Last Warhammer campaign we were arrested for being Heretics only to be freed and put on a mission so we could escape the Witchhunter. Character Concept: A Loud Mouth Apothocary. Lastnight we played a WoD game but I think that is going to be scrapped. Character Concept: Shaman who can see the realm of spirits. Her deceased daughter follows her around aiding her in different situations. I love gaming. I seriously can't wait to go to Origins and see all that I can see.

Knitting: I curse the damnable poncho. It's evil incarnate. I can not for the life of me shape or knit that damn hood. Argh! I will put it down for a while and concentrate on something else. Probably the shawl. I have lined up the next couple of projects for me. The Mason Dixen Night gown and the Calorimetry. Those both should be fun projects. Of course I am still working on wash clothes now and then, but I made at least one for this knit along.

Tonight: We're going to go see Grindhouse with a bunch of friends. It should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the movie. I believe there was a lot more that I wanted to write about. Alas I seem to not remember. My blog might be moving to a different server soon though. I'll let you know when that becomes more of a possibility though.

TTFN
posted by Valerie @ 6:19 PM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures