My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

An Introduction
Saturday, January 20, 2007
This is my first entry in my brand new knitting blog. I don't know how popular this is going to be but I thought what the hell and made one anyway. Knitting related news, I went to A.C. Moore with a fellow knitter and friend Liz. Unfortunately the 75% all yarn sale was a sham. It's only 75% off selected yarn. I bought 4 skeins of LionBrand Homespun for my poncho and 2 soft RedHeart skeins with some fuzzy soft yarn to go with it for my Grandmother's scarf. She ended up getting two different shades of pink RedHeart for a Coat for her friend's puppy. I know everyone turns their nose at RedHeart but the stuff I got for my Grandma was the soft stuff. I tested it myself and would never make anything for my Grandmother that was sh*tty. So There! =P


I am currently working on two projects. The first one is a basket weave scarf for my boyfriend's brother. It sucks when you are almost done you have a little more to do then you run out of yarn. So I have to make the hike up to A.C. Moore about 45 minutes away (the A.C. Moore closer to me doesn't have the yarn I am using)

Pattern:
1st Row- (Right Side) Knit
2nd Row - Purl
3rd Row - K2, *P4, K2; Repeat from * to end
4th Row - P2,* K4, P2; Repeat from * to end
Repeat last two rows once more
7th Row - Knit
8th Row Purl
9th Row - P3, *K2,P4; Repeat from * to last 5 sts, K2, P3
10th Row- K3,*P2,K4; Repeat from * to last 5 sts P2, K3
Repeat the last two rows once more
Repeat 12 rows

I'm pretty happy with the results. It's a little bulky though so we'll see what happens with it when he puts it on. I hope he wears it, this thing is the first real pattern I have ever tried.

The second project is a shoulder wrap made from Lionbrand Ribbon Yarn. I'll post pictures as I work on it along with the pattern in case anyone is interested.

More to come later.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 9:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures