My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Tree Jacket Dilema
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Alright, so here's the deal.

I am on row 23 of the 24 rows that I am supposed to work before I separate the sleeves. Here's the problem.. At the beginning of row 23 I have 248 stitches. After I do my increases and then purl all the way around I will have 255 at row 24.

After I do my increases and then purl around I'll have 262 (at end of row 24).

Problem: I should have 272. Do I rip all the way back to the color for 10 stitches? I don't know how to adapt patterns very well so I can't alter the pattern and expect it to fit. Neither, sound pleasant. So I was wondering if there is a way to add 10 extra stitches without having a huge hole or making it noticeable?

Please help me! I really don't want to rip back!

Labels: , ,

posted by Valerie @ 5:58 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At January 6, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Don't you hate when you end up with incorrect stitch count.... bummer. Well as you know I'm not a knit expert, but if it were me I would evenly add the 10 stitches by doing yarnovers.

     
  • At January 6, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Blogger Kaparoo said…

    Make 1 or Kfb would probably be less noticeable (make 1 are usually the way I go).
    Good luck!!

     
  • At January 7, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    My concern would be that at the gauge you are working with, that's a half an inch of stitches you're missing.

    It looks like it's a raglan; I think the first thing to do would be to determine which of the four raglan parts is missing the stitches. If you just distribute them evenly, it'll throw off the lines of the raglan shaping.

    After figuring out where the increases need to go, I would rip back 5 rows, and add the stitches 2 per row to whatever section needs them, along with the regularly scheduled increases. The Make 1 Left (http://www.knittinghelp.com/apps/flash/video_player/play/86/1) would be the increase I would use. I'd also suggest not stacking the extra increases within the sections that need to be increased.

    I hope that helps. Pattern altering is really not that intimidating. SnB Nation, Big Girl Knits, and Sweater Design in Plain English all have pretty good explanations of the process.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures