My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Problem Solved
Sunday, January 13, 2008
It turned out not to be anything at all. The cats knocked out the cord. -=giggle=- Grim felt silly telling me about it, and I felt silly for freaking out. At least everything turned out well, I was preparing myself to be told we needed to buy a new motherboard or something. Then again, I am one of those people that Hopes for the Best but expects the Worst. Pessimist in me I guess. -=giggle=-

So I have been knitting exclusively on the Montego Bay Scarf. The Feather Shawl wasn't working with the yarn I wanted to use for it and I didn't have enough of the "Head Vampire" yarn to use it for a shawl, so I figures I scarf would be perfect. I finally found a dress to go to wear to see "Phantom of the Opera". I tried it all on and the scarf will match the earrings and the earrings match my outfit. It's sort of hard to not be able to match things to black though. Progress pictures will be posted tomorrow.

The Tree Jacket, I am angry with. I am going to rip back to the lifeline. I don't want to half-ass this project and I want it to look nice. So ripping back it is. I'll take pictures of it when I get past the progress pictures I posted before.

The Accidental Drop Stitch Vest has been put on the back burner until I finish the scarf. Plus there are a couple of techniques I am going to have to jump right into that I am really no experienced with yet. In short, I am scared to screw it up.

I still haven't found a stupid laptop bag. I am hoping the school carries them in the Bookstore and I can get one covered under financial aid. I mean it is necessary, right? -=wink, nudge=- I'm debating on making a cozy for the thing and then just sewing straps into a regular book bag. I mean seriously, I have found every other size laptop bag but a 17". Blegh.

In other knitting news, I really need to set to work on my gloves for this months ALK gift knitting. Although, at present Grim has 2 sets of gloves and Catie is buying her own. Maybe I'll just make her a pair for next year. We'll see. So Gloves are definitely on the agenda, I need to make a scarf for my friend Louis for his Birthday (Thin Mint Scarf from Dominitrix), and I want to make a Montego Bay Scarf in Death Eaters for my Friend Laramie (Christmas Knitting)

While I was looking around for a picture of the Thin Mint Scarf, I found this scarf and I want it! -=giggle=- I need another scarf like I need notepads and notecards, True, but it's still cute!

I utterly failed to finish any baby stuff before the shower. I figured it would be that way, my heart just wasn't in it. I'll probably make a belated gift. We'll see though.

That's it for knitting news, lovelies. In other news..

  • I am getting my septum pierced on the 2nd of February. My mom is getting it for me as a early Birthday gift.
  • School starts back up on Tuesday.
  • I love my new laptop. Grim is playing Bioshock and I am doing all my blogging and emailing while he plays video games. No fighting, not that there was any fighting to begin with really.
  • We are definitely going to Origins this year. My grandma confirmed that we can stay at her place again. Yeah!!!

I think that's about it lovelies. I hope you are all well and good! May your knitting be flawless and quick.

Look for pictures tomorrow.

P.S. Keep your eye on my blog, I am thinking about holding a Blog-Versary drawing on the 20th. I'll come up with the details before the 20th and keep you posted. It may be something easy like, posting comments enters you into a drawing, it may be a little scavenger hunt. Who knows, we'll see.

Talk to you soon!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 4:50 AM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures