My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Lots to catch up on.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Let me begin by first giving a much needed shout out to 4 ladies.

First to my Secret Pal, who has spoiled me rotten for the last three months. Elabeth, you are absolutely wonderful. Thank you for making my first swap perfect in every way!

Second, to my KTC Swap Partner, Athena Maria. Thank you soooo much for the Anita Blake book! I almost bought it when I was on vacation. I am glad I didn't. The bag is beautiful! The yarn is not scratchy at all and the stitch markers are wonderful. Seriously, they are the perfect size for the projects I am going to be working on! Here are pictures of th
e goodies!

Here's is a close up of the beautiful bag she made me!

Kiya liked it a little too much. I had to yell at her twice.


Next To Jane! I can't believe what beautiful things you sent me! I love everything you created for me and I want you to know that I appreciate them very much. You are a lovely person and thank you so much!


First off, the stickers are now all over my RPG folder. -=giggle=- I have a big smiley face on the binding of it! The washcloth is just wonderful. I love the smell of the soap! My favorite though are the hand embroidered napkins she made me. Recognize the cats ?

That's right, she made Kiya and Sigh! Aren't they cute! Grim loved them too!

Last but not least, Emily. I purchased some yarn from her before I left and when I got back it was waiting for me. Girl, you certainly know how to dye your yarn. The coloring is more beautiful than in the pictures! -=applauds=- I love it and if anyone wants nice yarn. Go to her store! That's an order. -=giggle=-

Now for vacation:

Grim, Pounce and I left around 6:30 on Wednesday morning. The drive was surprisingly easy to do. No traffic, not much bad weather. So we made it to my aunt's party in about 8 to 9 hours. It was nice seeing everyone again. It's been nearly 3 years since I have seen my aunts/uncles/cousins in Ohio. So we hung out, had food and chatted for a while. Then we went back to Grandma's house and relaxed for the remainder of the day. The next morning we were up bright and early and off to Columbus for Origins! Yeahhh! We had Learn to Hack - Hackmaster Introduction. It was an awesome class and we got free books to go home with! Yeahh! I rolled up a half-ogre all strength character. Pounce rolled up a Cleric and Grim had a magic user I believe. Then we hit the exhibit hall and went wild on purchasing. -=giggle=- Pounce and I also enrolled in Horror Gaming and Plot Forming. All three of us did a very unorganized leather working class and we played in an awesome Witchcraft (actual name of the RPG) game. I played a total power hungry bitch. Grim played a huge muscle type that ended up sacrificing himself for his sins. Pounce was a feral aka werewolf. Awesome game, that was based on Nightwatch (movie). We bought waaaay to many RPG books. -=giggle=- Well let me change that, I got a lot of game books. -=giggle=- Here's a photo of the overall purchasing.


My dice set is on the left. I went a little nuts. -=giggle=- My favorites are the original artwork products. The dice bag for example and the artwork in the back.

This is Grim's prized purchase. He bought an Origins 2007 Poker set after much deliberation on it.

We didn't game as much as we wanted too but we did meet up with some awesome people/gamers. Neight being one of the most awesome! He ended up hanging out with us for the majority of the time we were there. Talk about a great gamer! All in all it was a blast. We met great people and had a great time. I am going to post videos and pictures over the weekend but right now I am too tired to fiddle with resizing them. We left Sunday at around noon and for some reason it took us around 11 hour to get home. I slept half the way so I am not sure exactly what caused the delay.

Needless to say, with my vacation so packed, I only got two washcloths completed. I didn't read any books but that's okay. It was a wonderful adventure and I fully intend on going next year!

Oh almost forgot. Grim dared me to kiss the cheek of Mark ( One of the designers of Hackmaster). I wasn't going to do it, then Dave Kenzer (Head Designer of Hackmaster) told me he'd give me 5$ to do it. So, my not being one to run away from a dare. I planted a big ole' kiss on his cheek. When he asked me what that was for, I told him and he said.. . " Well I don't think you got me good enough to warrent 5 dollars." So I planted another one on his cheek, took my five dollars and went out to buy the Fairy painting. -=giggle=- Definitely my most memorable Origins experience.

Other than that lovelies. Grim and I have been tearing apart the apartment. We didn't have any place to store all the loot we got. So I went out and bought this:

To accommodate our growing RPG collection. -=giggle=- I am a dork. I know. Of course we also then ripped apart our other bookshelf to make it presentable. Next is the bedroom and the closet. Then I am going to spackle over some holes in the walls.

Anyone have any suggestions on nifty storage ideas for yarn ? I was thinking about keeping it all in the closet but I don't know if I like that idea. What does everyone else use ? I have VERY limited space.

Okay, I am done for tonight. This has taken me about an hour to write up. -=giggle=- Pictures and videos posted soon!




Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 9:21 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At July 12, 2007 at 11:34 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said…

    Thanks so much for the compliment, it really made my day. I'll have to add you to my yarn testers list. Right know Hattie's on it and I spoil her with delicious colors ;D.

     
  • At July 13, 2007 at 10:27 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Wow those are a lot of RPG books. Maybe my brother's book is in there (He illustrates for wizard). Awesome stuff though, I'm glad you had such a fun time!

    I love those kitty napkins! Man I wish I had yarn waiting at my door every time I left the house and came back. I'd definitely make it a point to get out more! :D

     
  • At July 14, 2007 at 9:17 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Elabeth was my secret pal in the past. :) I honestly didn't know that she was yours at the beginning; she emailed me to make sure we were talking to the same person...I laughed so hard. Small world!

    She's awesome. I'm glad you had such a great time. As for yarn, I store it in 10 gallon containers and stack them.

     
  • At July 15, 2007 at 9:51 AM, Blogger Jen C said…

    closet space, I've been using new product called shelf control by HOMEZ, picked em up at Walmart. they are sized to fit on standard closet shelves and come in two depths. They actually hold a lot more than you would think due to their square shape. I also found it a little easier to orginize by flavors. Then I also use the huge Ziploc or Hefty storage bagsfor larger quantities.

    love the napkins and nice RPG collection.

     
  • At July 16, 2007 at 10:23 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Nice gifties!!

    My son would love those RPG books. I'll have to show him the pic, he'd be so jealous! LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures