|Goals for the 26th year
- Quit Smoking.
- Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).
- Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).
Leave the State for vacation.
- Pay off my credit cards.
- Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)
- Publish writing.
- Sky dive or bungee jump.
- Start a work out routine.
- Debate with someone and try to see their side.
- Walk for a cause.
- Take a dance class.
- Read a book a month (at least).
- Give a gift to a stranger.
- Hang out with my brother more often.
- Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.
- Volunteer my time outside of school.
- Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).
- Maintain a sick time balance at work.
- Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.
- Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)
- Learn to walk in heels!
- Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).
- Take a financial workshop.
- Learn to cook/cook more often.
- Go Camping!
- Stop spending all my money on coffee!
| Small Update
| Sunday, March 22, 2009
|So the boob holder is officially off the needles. I'm not sure if I mentioned that in a previous post. It turned out rather lovely if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, no pictures yet. I'm waiting on it to warm up enough around here so I can take pictures outside. At that time I will also take picture of the Vixen Cami which I believe I'm going to leave as a tube top. The problem now is finding a tube top to go underneath it. I can't seem to find them anywhere, then again they might not be "in season" yet. Pictures will be posted soon though I promise.
In other knitting news, I'm having a blast knitting up a couple of things for my 1950's swap partner. Since she knows who I am I'm not going to be posting any pictures of those either. Sorry guys, I know it's rather dull but I don't want to spoil the surprise.
The cloche has gotten a million compliment when I wear it out in public. I even had a couple of people who believed I was fibbing when I said I made it. -=giggle=- I was rather proud of myself at that moment. I've come a long way from garter stitch scarfs that's for sure.
So, due to the fact I cleared out yarn from my stash the only natural reaction was to buy more yarn. -=giggle=- $80 worth to be exact. I know, I broke the bank on that purchase but oh well. My excuse is that I was buying myself birthday presents. Pictures to be posted of the yarn soon but in the meantime, I got 2 skeins of Cascade yarn in deep reds, blues and blacks, 2 skeins of this lovely Patagonia Cotton Fingering yarn in greens and browns (to match the Cloche) and some wool yarn in black and grey, which Grim picked out for slippers. He's positively fascinated with the felting process. He never believed that this bag looking thing would turn into the Cloche and beamed with pride when it turned into the lovely hat pictured below.
So I've got the lace scarf still on the needles. Yep, I'm that bored with it. Along with above mentioned 1950s projects. Then I think I'm going to start a skull cap for my friend's birthday along with his fingerless gloves.
Hope everyone is well!
Labels: Felting, FOs, Knitting, Update, Yarn
|posted by Valerie @ 9:51 PM