My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

-=Wave=-
Monday, January 28, 2008
Hello everyone! I'm back in Albany. I actually got back last night, instead of posting a blog I read through my blog lists. I didn't realize how far behind I had fallen. -=giggle=- Anyways, I posted about the wonderful weekend over at my personal blog if you want to take a look. It was a truly wonderful weekend everyone. Grim outdid himself and spoiled me rotten! Pictures are over there as well! I'm going to try and keep up with the two separate journals. So that people only interested in my knitting/crafting can come here and anyone wanting to see personal info can go over there. I'm going to try it and see how it works out.

On with the crafting show!

First off, a question... is beading the new knitting? I am a little behind the times and I don't have any seriously crafty friends really so I don't know. All I know is that I saw like 15 different beading stores in the area of Manhattan we were staying in. That's in a walking distance of about 10 blocks. -=giggle=- On the beading not though, I realized I have a ton of leftover beads from my making stitch markers so I am going to try putting them to good use. I am going to run up to Barnes and Nobles tomorrow and look into some beading books. I'm also planning on making a pair of chandelier earrings for myself. A friend peaked my interest in trying it when I bought a pair for 12 dollars. He had given me this furrow-browed expression and told me that I could make them easily. Ding! Light Bulb! -=giggle=-

Speaking of Knitting! I popped my head into Yarn Co. when I was in the city. What a cute little shop. It has a nice selection of yarn and the owners were incredibly pleasant. I ended up buying 2 skeins of Idena Mohair Lux.

The colors are a little off but you can see that it's a various colored mohair. I was thinking about the wavy scarf or shawl. Or at least that's what I put down for the 2008 Mission Possible. I don't know if I mentioned that I had joined, thinking on it. There is a list on the right sidebar with all the projects I have to get done before December 31st. If you don't get done with the project you have to donate the yarn. It's a way to stash bust and get some knitting done as well. I figure it will be one hell of a way to get some of my gift knitting done on top of the A Loose Knit Group.

Crafting Items for Feb:

Finish the maze baby blanket. It's coming along really nicely. I showed Shawna at the shower on Sunday and she positively loved it. Mom-Mom (Grim's Grandma pestered me a bit about not getting it done, she also didn't seem that impressed with it but she's a little hard to read.) I suppose as long as Shawna appreciates the effort it's worth it.

ALK-Group chose scarves for this month so I am going to start on Louis's scarf as soon as I get done with the baby blanket.

I am also going to need to complete a couple of projects for Project Spectrum. February is dedicated to Fire, so we'll see what I can come up with.

Busy little me, eh?

Honestly, I think that's about it for now. Happy Crafting!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 5:57 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At January 29, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Beading. I love beading almost as much as knitting. Almost. ;)

     
  • At January 30, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Blogger Zu said…

    Glad to hear you had a great time! I've noticed beading getting a lot more popular as well. I used to make jewelry, but stopped since I rarely wear any. :-) You have a helluva lot of knitting to do! Happy crafting! ;-)

     
  • At February 3, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Blogger Jessi said…

    I tried beading before & got really impatient with it, but that was before I learned to knit so maybe my fingers are a little more nimble now. Then again you could combine knitting & beads. I've been looking into knitting lace with beads in it which I think looks beautiful. Glad you had a fun weekend! :)

     
  • At February 4, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    Lucky you! As for beading and knitting, there are so many terrific projects to try. I love the knit/beaded scarf in scarf style.
    That mohair is gorgeous. Hope you find just the right pattern.

     
  • At February 10, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Glad you and Grim enjoyed yourselves in the city. Walking in Manhattan in the morning is a glorious thing. I've also noticed a lot of knitting/beading going on and like another commenter said I would like to try a knit/bead scarf.

     
  • At April 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Blogger andi said…

    nice post bro, keep posting

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures