My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Happy Blog-Versary!!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
It's been one year since I started this blog. It simultaneously feels like I started it yesterday and forever ago. My first project I posted here was a Basketweave scarf I was working on for Grim's brother. Since then I have tried to advance my abilities as much as possible. So on this Blog-versary I am proud to unveil the Montego Bay Scarf!!!



It turned out perfect. In my opinion it's the best thing that I have made yet! I was a little iffy on the blocking but it really looks better this way. It was curling so badly before it was blocked that it just didn't look right. What do you think guys?

In other knitting news, I frogged the Accidental Drop Stitch Vest. I finished the front part and I was seriously not liking the finished product. After thinking on it for a while I thought it would be best to just frog it and use the yarn for something else. After that I decided to Cast On a baby blanket. I seem to like knitting under pressure. -=giggle=- I chose a maze pattern. It's fairly easy and it's knitting up pretty quick. Let's hope that I can get it finished before Sunday. If not then it will be a little belated. I also looked deeper into the Thin Mint Scarf, I didn't realize it was knit on two circs. I'm not sure if I am ready for that. Is it as hard as it sounds?

I still need to frog the Tree Jacket back down to the lifeline. I'm not entirely pleased with that but I'll live. Speaking about patterns, I went a little pattern crazy on Ravelry today. -=giggle=- I loaded up my que and if I actually complete a couple of them I'll be surprised. -=giggle=- I am a little impulsive.

Alright about the Blog-versary, right now I am just not financially capable to have a contest. Sorry you guys but next year I'll do something special. In parting, here's an adorable picture of Kiya. She apparently loved my poncho as much as I do.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 9:03 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures