My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

It's been a long day.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
First of All...



A long and emotionally draining day but it has a happy ending. I'll write a little about it then go on to post my Halloween and Knitting Pictures.

Drama: So it's around 11:30 this morning and I am at work making my appointments to get some things done before I go see my Dad on the 20th. I realize the departure time from the airport isn't in my planner so I hop online to check my itinerary. I review it, and then it hits me. That's not right. We're not supposed to be leaving on the 20th of November and coming back on the 26th of DECEMBER! I realize this and quickly tell my boss, that we need to go smoke. -=giggle=- She's cool like that. So we went out, I tell her what's going on and afterwards I call them up with high hopes. I mean it's a computer error, that or I screwed up somewhere and hit the wrong button. I speak to a woman and find out it will be an additional 600 dollars to change the tickets around. I don't have that sort of money to drop. So I get off the phone with her... and.. cry... a lot. Why did I break into an emotional sobbing mess? I haven't seen my southern family in over a year and a half. Family has come to mean a great deal to me over the course of my lifetime. To go that long without seeing them, really bothers me on nearly an unexplainable level.

Anyways, I call Grim. Probably hysterical sounding. He gets on the phone with Expedia and sees what he can do. In the mean time I have taken my lunch break. I'm a mess. I do my errands and come back. I get a call from Grim, nothing Expedia can do to help us. So he's calling the airline. More tears. My boss ends up letting me go home. She wasn't upset and she understood why I was so hysterical about the whole situation. My coworker came up and gave me a hug and I collected my bags and came home. Long story short (too late), 4 hours and a lot more tears of disappointment later, Grim and I have our flights still. We still had to pay $200.00 to get them changed though. (So I won't be ordering yarn this paycheck after all Christine) That hurt a little but I wasn't going to ask either parent for it. We're staying one extra day and I get to see them after all! I was so upset and so panicked that I actually gave myself a migraine earlier from the worrying. I know, neurotic and weird but my defense is, I really miss my family.

Knitting:
I cast on the Tree Jacket pattern and I am currently working on the collar.


The Baby Wrap is coming along nicely!


I also started to process of making the Button Sweater.


Onto Halloween!! During the day I was a flapper girl at work and by night Zombie!! What a wonderful Halloween and Anniversary it was! Grim and I have been together 4 years now! I think we're both a little shocked. -=giggle=- This is the longest relationship either of us have had. So we made plans to go out with our friend Kris and her friends Josh and Danielle. The first place we went was to an old farm that had 3 or 4 different corn mazes, some rat like circles you raced, peddle-carts and a bunch of other neat little things. Then from there we went to see Nightmare Before X-mas in 3D. The day was just splendid. There are a couple of pictures below but a lot more on my flicker site. Go take a look! Also, I have to post the video Grim made in the maze! To funny!







I Hope everyone else had a wonderful Halloween! Night Night For Now Guys!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 12:12 AM  
16 Comments:
  • At November 3, 2007 at 9:18 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Hehe, funny video.

    Expedia screwed us around big time last year, and tried to cost me over $600 extra! I'll never use them again. Thankfully, I called the airline, and they fixed it up for us. Have a great time seeing your family!!

    Thank God for knitting. Yours is looking great!

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 12:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Sorry about your plane angst!

    I just sent you a note on Ravelry, but I wanted to stop by to tell you that your Fiberflix Swap package is on its way. I'm sorry I was late - hopefully the package is so fun to open that you'll forget my lateness! ;-)

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 12:16 PM, Blogger swansong said…

    aaaaaawww!! my anniversary used to be halloween toooooo.

    kickass zombie, btw :D

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 1:39 PM, Blogger Peggy said…

    I haven't forgotten about you!!!! Sorry for the delay.

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 2:31 PM, Blogger marycatharine said…

    I'd have cried too, I hope you have a fantastic holiday after all that mess. Your halloween costumes are wonderful!

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 9:19 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said…

    Expedia blows! I do want to talk to you about the yarn. You should just purchase it and not pay. I'm not worried about it taking a while to pay for.

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 10:31 PM, Blogger Julianne said…

    Sorry about the sucky plane stuff! We just moved to Mount Vernon Ohio (about an hour outside of Columbus). Where did you live? Love the costumes!!

     
  • At November 4, 2007 at 3:51 AM, Blogger Zu said…

    Oooh, you guys look scary! ;-) Glad you had a nice time. My family didn't do much at all.
    What a relief that your flight plans got sorted out! I know how you must have felt. My father, little sister and stepfam. live in NJ. I haven't seen them in almost 3 yrs. Can't afford it! I'm worried as well because my father is sick. I haven't seen my family in Bermuda for the same amount of time. A few fam members visited earlier this yr., so that was nice. Oh crap, sorry I wrote so much! Anyway, have a safe trip!

     
  • At November 4, 2007 at 6:15 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    I am happy to hear that you got some satisfaction from the airlines. It's all a ripoff isn't it?
    My anniversary moving in with Tom was on Halloween night 1980. We lived in a little walkup on the river. No heat or AC. It helped that we were in our 20's. Now do the mat. :)

     
  • At November 4, 2007 at 9:53 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    I'm so bummed for you about the whole plane screwup! Argh, it just blows.

    Righteous Halloween zombie makeup, though!

     
  • At November 5, 2007 at 8:55 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I'm glad to hear that the plane issue got worked out, even though its ridiculous how much the airlines charge to fix things =P Your Hallowe'en sounds way better than mine - I just went to class.

     
  • At November 5, 2007 at 10:16 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Happy Belated Halloween & Anniversary. Despite everything - I'm sure you will enjoy seeing your family and forget all about the flight fiasco. Your knitting is coming along nicely and you're working up some cool projects.

     
  • At November 5, 2007 at 2:12 PM, Blogger Jen (pieKnits) said…

    Ugh, we just went through a similar debacle with Travelocity only about the passenger name somehow being incorrect. After many many calls and also wanted lots of $$ called the airline and 15 min and $15 bucks later it was fixed! I'll be skipping the middle man from now on.
    Your halloween pics are very cute though! Congrats on 4 years.

     
  • At November 6, 2007 at 7:21 AM, Blogger Mistress Pounce said…

    *boggles*

    Did I lend you the knitting needles that were hooked together? Whatever they're called?

     
  • At November 12, 2007 at 8:23 PM, Blogger Moa said…

    Glad your planes whoa's are fixed. It's always no fun when stuff like that happens. Just think of all the knitting you can get done on the flight though, that should make up for it! Plus, awesome zombie make-up!

     
  • At November 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM, Blogger Antelope Baby Industries said…

    I book flights as part of my job for other people in the office. I HATE dealing with airlines. They are sooooo unforgiving. I'm glad you made got it figured out!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures