My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

As Promised, A Post!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
This weekend was a real joy. Friday night was cram night. I forgot that I had a Biology test Saturday morning so, you know the drill. Lots of coffee, lots of smoking and a late night. Saturday wasn't too bad, if you don't count that I had to wake up at 8 to take a test. I have NO idea how well I did on it. Saturday was also Grim's Birthday. So I put up a Happy Birthday Banner and laid his present out for him so it would be there when he got up. I had already bought him one of his gifts (Game Book for W.O.D) so I decided to get him 28 Days Later, so he would have something to open on his Birthday. The rest of Saturday was pretty laid back. He did a lot of video games and I got a lot of knitting done. Then it was time for game night over at Pounce's house. He got more gifts and got a cake. We got home at about 2 am, more knitting and more video games. Then we went to bed. Today was the family birthday. I got up at 11, about 5 minutes later, I get a call saying we're going to meet up at 2. Oh Shit.. I haven't started the cake yet. So I rush through and do that, while it's baking, I go and redye my hair and start getting ready. All the while I am still trying to get the Birthday Boy out of bed. -=giggle=- We end up meeting up with them about a 1/2 hour late.

Dinner was wonderful (Olive Garden), then we came back here for presents and the cake I made (with over the hill trick candles =P)

I think he had a really nice birthday. I could tell he doesn't like the idea of turning 31 so I wanted to keep it simple and relaxed this year.

I also managed to get through a lot of the Baby Wrap Dress. It's looking really cute so far and I just reached the shaping of the arm holes. I can't wait until it's finished up. By the way, I have come to agree that having a baby is contagious. I went from one baby to knit for, to three babies! -=giggle=- I haven't cast on the Tree Jacket yet only because I got circular needles that have a 24" cord and it says use a cord that 16" or 20". Does it really matter in relation to the pattern?

To go back to what I mentioned earlier, here are a couple of things that are going on:

1. The doctor says that my stomach problems and weight loss are probably directly related to the loss of my gallbladder. Bile production is to high, so it's irritating my innards and causing them to wig out. (How do you like my medical, non-icky version?) I have been given a medicine that I have to drink, Yuck, and regulate based on my digestion speed.

2. They believe Kiya developed an allergy to her food. So we switched it to a prescription digestively helpful food. No problems since. Although that Vet visit, we almost adopted a cat. -=giggle=- Then my brakes went out and I had to get them fixed. I think it was for the best though. 3 cats in our apartment might have been a little scary.

3. I went into the Country Wool Yarn store after my doctor's appointment. This store is in the middle of nowhere and easily a goot 45 minute to an hour drive from my house. (I was in the area for the appointment) So I get there and I do my shopping. I go to grab my debit card and she doesn't take them. Oh no. So I rummage through my bag, no cash and NO CHECKS! Ahhh! I apologize and go to put the yarn back and she tells me, "It's alright, I'll Bill you." Whhhattt? -=giggle=- Turns out she bills locals and hasn't had a problem doing it ever, so I asked her if she was sure. She said yes. How cool was that!?!? The green and purple yarn from the previous post was what I got..

4. The Double Date. -=giggle=-

*A.
* There was a lady on her cell phone the whole time.

*B.* Man behind said lady on cell phone, got really loud with her when he realized what she was doing.

*C.* Said Lady's Boyfriend stood up and tried to pick a fight with said, yelling man.

I missed about 30 minutes of dialog just from the yelling. What I did catch, was a little sad. The Vampires and concept were cool. The acting melodramatic. The pace a little rushed. All in all, a renter movie. The part that pissed me off about the whole thing. I asked for my money back since, I missed part of it. The dipshit at the counter gave me shit. Argh! I resolved to just not come back again.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 10:01 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At October 29, 2007 at 3:12 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Oh you poor thing! You and Kiya. Such is life, it's always something ya know. I won't get into my issue right now that I'm having, but it's equally yucky lol. Sigh, life...

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 8:45 AM, Blogger Peggy said…

    Super cool about the yarn store!!!! How often does that happen nowadays? I know you looked!!!!!! I will get it out this week, probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Sorry for the delay. I read Wicked and the second book, Son of a Witch, it is good as well. You gotta see it, at least get the sound track it is so aweseom. Check out You Tube. :) I am a Wicked FREAK!!!!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 9:18 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Happy Belated Birthday to Grim – sounds like he had cool B-Day. I’m crossing my eyes & toes that you did well on your exam. I can’t wait to see the baby wrap dress – just from the name its going to look so cute. Hopefully the medicine they prescribed will eliminate the discomfort you’ve been experiencing and glad Kiya is feeling better. My dh would love to have another pet, but 2 dogs & a cat… I think is more than enough for us…lol. That was so sweet of the owner at Country Wool Yarn to bill you… now that’s what I call a good business.

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 10:01 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I've never heard of a yarn store that bills, but I guess it's a win situation for everyone. :)

    Hope you did well on your biology test and Happy Birthday Grim!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 10:22 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Hope you and Kiya get better soon!
    I can't believe the yarn store billed you! That's so cool!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 5:36 PM, Blogger Kaparoo said…

    Hi!
    *Happy Birthday Grim!
    *Good luck with the medical issues for everyone.
    *Believe it or not, I've heard of a yarn store in NYC that bills, out of towners, too! Only 1 person over a couple of decades that stiffed her.
    *As for length of circular, it should either be smaller than the circumferance of your project (so the stitches fit around it with room to work) or significantly longer so you can do majic loop with it. Hope that makes sense! Just ask if it doesn't!
    *Hope you did well on the exam, too.
    :)

     
  • At October 30, 2007 at 7:44 PM, Blogger marycatharine said…

    I hope you did well on your exam and you feel better soon - medicine you have to drink must be so icky :(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures