|Goals for the 26th year
- Quit Smoking.
- Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).
- Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).
Leave the State for vacation.
- Pay off my credit cards.
- Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)
- Publish writing.
- Sky dive or bungee jump.
- Start a work out routine.
- Debate with someone and try to see their side.
- Walk for a cause.
- Take a dance class.
- Read a book a month (at least).
- Give a gift to a stranger.
- Hang out with my brother more often.
- Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.
- Volunteer my time outside of school.
- Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).
- Maintain a sick time balance at work.
- Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.
- Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)
- Learn to walk in heels!
- Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).
- Take a financial workshop.
- Learn to cook/cook more often.
- Go Camping!
- Stop spending all my money on coffee!
| It has been a while hasn't it?
| Sunday, August 24, 2008
|I haven't disappeared. I have just sucked at blogging and knitting lately. -=giggle=- My oversized shrug looked too small, so I investigated the pattern a little bit. Turns out I forgot to change the needles at the beginning of the pattern.. Now the size is all off. Needless to say, I was very very upset. I actually haven't picked it up since I discovered it. I don't know what else to do. Aside from knitting it until it fits the length requirements and then adding a section to each side, what else can I do?
I've got the record bag on the needles right now and that's nearly done. I need to make the strap and the front cover and seam it all together. I still need to weave in the ends on the baby blanket, I've been delaying that. My Clapotis is on hold until I find out which yarn I used. The LS has to special order it for me. Le Sigh. I need to start on another baby blanket for Grim's cousin.
The reasoning for my lack of knitting is summed up with this.. Roller Derby. I practice 2 to 4 times a week depending on how tired/sore I am. I'm loving every minute of it, but it has left me with my fair share of bruises. -=giggle=- School starts in about two weeks. This semester it's Math (again.) and Medieval History. Hopefully the math class goes better this go round. Medieval History should be a lot of fun and it helps that I live with a guy who adores the subject.
Outside of that, I have decided to go in another direction with my story. My target audience focus has shifted and the story will be drafted with this specific genre in mind.
That's honestly about all. I hope that everything is well and that you didn't forget about me. =)
Labels: Baby Knitting, Knitting
|posted by Valerie @ 11:21 AM
Hello hello!! You need to post a pic of you in your Derby gear :)
Nope, still paying attention and glad to hear you are busty with all kinds of new things. A knitting Roller Derby Queen. I'll bet you are the only one! Just don't hurt those hands.
How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do.
Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside
Till I look down on the garden green
Down on the roof so brown
Up in the air I go flying again
Up in the air and down!
-----by runescape money