My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

It has been a while hasn't it?
Sunday, August 24, 2008
I haven't disappeared. I have just sucked at blogging and knitting lately. -=giggle=- My oversized shrug looked too small, so I investigated the pattern a little bit. Turns out I forgot to change the needles at the beginning of the pattern.. Now the size is all off. Needless to say, I was very very upset. I actually haven't picked it up since I discovered it. I don't know what else to do. Aside from knitting it until it fits the length requirements and then adding a section to each side, what else can I do?

I've got the record bag on the needles right now and that's nearly done. I need to make the strap and the front cover and seam it all together. I still need to weave in the ends on the baby blanket, I've been delaying that. My Clapotis is on hold until I find out which yarn I used. The LS has to special order it for me. Le Sigh. I need to start on another baby blanket for Grim's cousin.

The reasoning for my lack of knitting is summed up with this.. Roller Derby. I practice 2 to 4 times a week depending on how tired/sore I am. I'm loving every minute of it, but it has left me with my fair share of bruises. -=giggle=- School starts in about two weeks. This semester it's Math (again.) and Medieval History. Hopefully the math class goes better this go round. Medieval History should be a lot of fun and it helps that I live with a guy who adores the subject.

Outside of that, I have decided to go in another direction with my story. My target audience focus has shifted and the story will be drafted with this specific genre in mind.

That's honestly about all. I hope that everything is well and that you didn't forget about me. =)

Labels: ,

posted by Valerie @ 11:21 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures