|Goals for the 26th year
- Quit Smoking.
- Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).
- Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).
Leave the State for vacation.
- Pay off my credit cards.
- Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)
- Publish writing.
- Sky dive or bungee jump.
- Start a work out routine.
- Debate with someone and try to see their side.
- Walk for a cause.
- Take a dance class.
- Read a book a month (at least).
- Give a gift to a stranger.
- Hang out with my brother more often.
- Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.
- Volunteer my time outside of school.
- Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).
- Maintain a sick time balance at work.
- Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.
- Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)
- Learn to walk in heels!
- Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).
- Take a financial workshop.
- Learn to cook/cook more often.
- Go Camping!
- Stop spending all my money on coffee!
| Sunday, April 18, 2010
|It's been a very rough couple of weeks due to the persistent pain of an abscessed tooth. Lots of antibiotics, a trip to the hospital and it's still there. I'm really starting to get worried about this. However, to take my mind of it, I've been focusing on embroidering.
Unfortunately, I'm less than pleased with my Day of the Dead Bag. I got a little carried away with the iron, not thinking about temperature vs. plastic and meeellt.. While it's salvageable, it pissed me off, so I haven't worked on it since.
To replace it, I've started a "fashion scarf" for spring and summer. The pink is actual purple and the green is a little bit darker than what is visible here.
In addition to this, I've been working on a Birthday present for a friend of mine. I don't want to give away what it is, but here's the start of the embroidery at least.
I've sent out 3 postcards and plan on working on some more over the upcoming weekend. Once they are received I'll post some pictures of them. They're simple but tailored to the recipient so I hope they are liked.
That's it for now. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
|posted by Valerie @ 8:01 PM